Showing the single result
This proportional relief and flow control valve is an energy-saving valve that supplies the minimum pressure and flows necessary for actuator drive.(0 reviews)
Proportional valves or electrically controlled regulators provide a change in the flow or output pressure in the same ratio as the input change. This basically means that if the input is halved, the output is also halved. They can be interconnected with the output from one to the input of another.
Proportional valves generate a magnetic field due to the influence of the current being applied or input. The valve has a geometry that maintains a constant field strength over the stroke of the magnet. That is the principle behind the working of proportional solenoid valves.
Proportional valves are mainly applied where there is a need for varying output in flow or pressure. It is undoubtedly cost-effective, dependable and provides a fast response with consistent control.
There are various things to keep in mind when selecting a proportional valve:
- Characteristics that are being controlled by the valve, e.g., flow, pressure, current etc.
- Operating temperature that the valve will experience.
- Determination of the rate of flow and its range.
- The environment of the application site: whether it is a dirty, wet or explosive environment.
- Reviewing if the process is dynamic, step-by-step or a static one.
- The cost of the proportional valve will also be a deciding factor.